|Friday Night||Nov – 17 – 2017||5:05||5:19||—|
|Motzei Shabbos||Nov – 18 – 2017||6:10||5:18||9:00|
|Sunday||Nov – 19 – 2017||4:30||5:18||8:30|
|Monday||Nov – 20 – 2017||4:30||5:17||8:30|
|Tuesday||Nov – 21 – 2017||4:30||5:16||8:30|
|Wednesday||Nov – 22 – 2017||4:30||5:15||8:30|
|Thursday||Nov – 23 – 2017||4:30||5:15||8:30|
Central to our Faith
Many Jews see the shul as the central institution in Jewish life, but Halacha states
that constructing a mikvah takes precedence even over building a shul. Both a
shul and a Sefer Torah may be sold to raise funds for building mikvah. In fact,
in the eyes of Chazal, Jewish families living together only attain the status of
“community” once they have a communal mikvah.
But Chazal didn’t stop with necessity. They wanted the Mikvah to be cherished by
the women who use it and by the community that supports it. They wanted the
Mikvah to be welcoming, peaceful and beautiful.
This is so for a simple reason: we can learn Torah at home, make a minyan on
the train and give tzedaka at work. But to build a future generation bikedusha
uvitahara we need a mikvah.
Finely-Appointed Preparation Rooms
Easy-Access Mikvah Pools
Ample Private Parking Onsite
Handicap Accessible Suite
Key to our Future
As the Five Towns community continues its remarkable growth, the need for
another mikvah facility becomes increasingly urgent.
The Grove Street Mikvah will serve the Five Towns and its neighboring
communities with an elegant, state-of-the-art environment for the observance of
this beautiful and timeless mitzvah. The facility will boast four mikvah pools,
18 preparation rooms, a kallah suite and a handicap accessible facility.
With the incredible growth of our community comes an awesome responsibility to
accommodate not only its physical requirements but its spiritual needs as well.
Your generous donation to the Five Town’s Grove Street Mikvah Campaign will
help us meet that sacred obligation, now and for generations to come.
- Mikvah BuildingDedicated
- Mikvah NameDedicated
- Corner Stone (2)$360,000
- Reception Area LobbyDedicated
- Mikvah Pool / Immersion Room (4)Dedicated
- Entrance VestibuleDedicated
- Grove Street EntrancewayDedicated
- East & West Wing Corridor (2)Dedicated
- North & South Wing Corridor (2)Dedicated
- East & West Wing Pathway to Purity (2)Dedicated
- North & South Wing Pathway to Purity (2) - 1 Reserved$100,000
- Pure Water Wells for Main Mikvah (4) - 3 Reserved$100,000
- Hot Water Boilers$90,000
- Kallah Preparation RoomDedicated
- Handicapped Preparation RoomDedicated
- Main Exit Door (2)$76,000
- Preparation Room (16) - 16 ReservedDedicated
- Entrance Decor$54,000
- Lobby Decor$54,000
- Backup Electric Generator$48,000
- Administrative Office$48,000
- Kitchenette/Staff Lounge$48,000
- Ritual Washing Station (2)Dedicated
- Mezuzah on Entrance Door of Main Mikvah (3)Dedicated
- Mezuzah on Friday Night Grove St EntranceDedicated
- Advanced Scheduling Integration SystemDedicated
- Laundry Room$36,000
- Perimiter Privacy Fencing$36,000
- Advanced Water Filtration SystemDedicated
- Storage/Utility Rooms (2)$36,000
- Specialized Handicap Hoist$36,000
- Mikvah Attendant Station (2)Dedicated
- Mezuzah on Exit Door of Main Mikvah (2)Dedicated
- Entrance Garden Box (4)$25,000
- Window (10)$25,000
- Brocha Tefilah in Mikvah Room (4)Dedicated
- Chai Builder$18,000
- Supporter of Generations$5,000
- Eternal Builders$3,600
- Friends and Family$1,800
Donations of $1,800 and above will be honored on a distinctive Tribute-Wall
Grove Street Mikvah Inc.
PO Box 485
Cedarhurst, NY 11516
134 Grove Ave.
Cedarhurst, NY 11516
Observing Taharas Hamishpacha is a time-tested
segula for children, health and prosperity.
By partnering to create this space for Five Towns Jewish
women, you join an elite group of visionaries with the will and
determination to build for ourselves and for our future.